Recipe by rosie316
Here is a quick and easy way to make an all natural mayonnaise... 2 different ways. It can be made using 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard, or 1 teaspoon minced garlic, depending on your preference. It will keep for several days in the refrigerator. Enjoy!
Top Review by retiree09
I'm not putting any stars because I'm only making a suggestion. You should always use pasteurized eggs anytime you're using them raw in a recipe. This will remove any chance of salmonella poisoning.
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard or 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 pinch sea salt (to taste)
- 1 pinch fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup olive oil (DO NOT use Canola)
Directions See How It's Made
- Crack the egg into a blender, add the lemon juice, Dijon (or garlic), salt and pepper.
- On lowest setting on blender, mix the ingredients thoroughly.
- Once incorporated, remove the stopper on the top of blender lid and with blender running on lowest setting, VERY SLOWLY drizzle olive oil inches (It is important to add the olive oil at a very slow pace so that it has a chance to become creamy).
- Keep stored in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.