Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
The perfect blend of sweet and tart! It's perfect for hot summer days, and easy for kids to help with.
- Place the lemons in the microwave on high for 20 to 30 seconds. (Lemons can also be warmed by placing them in a bowl and pouring boiling water over them. Allow them to sit in the hot water for 30 seconds.).
- After the lemons have been warmed, roll them on a solid surface using the palm of your hand until you feel the flesh softening.
- After rolling the lemons, cut them in half crosswise. Place one half of the lemon on the juicer, apply pressure and twist the lemon to remove the juice. The juice can also be removed by squeezing the lemon by hand.
- In a saucepan, bring 1/2 cup of water to a boil and then add 1 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Continue to cook over medium low heat until sugar has completely dissolved.
- Remove from the heat and add the fresh lemon juice. Stir to mix thoroughly and then allow the mixture to cool.
- Add mixture to 6 cups of cold water and stir.
- Serve with ice and enjoy!