Chef #864605's Note:
My kids LOVE hamburger helpers, but being that they are often FULL of sodium etc. I went to work in the kitchen. This recipe is easily adapted by changing a few ingredients. Ground beef -chicken or turkey Cream of mushroom soup to cream of chicken or nacho cheese soup and different pasta change this dish into many alternatives. ex: I replace the ground beef, noodles and cream of mushroom for chicken breast cubed, nacho cheese soup and use cut up tortillas for a Mexican version.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chop onions and mushrooms.
- 2Heat a large soup pot on medium heat.
- 3Add onions and mushrooms and cook with ground beef.
- 4Drain in a strainer, let sit in strainer while pasta cooks.
- 5add water to soup pot and cook pasta per box directions.
- 6Drain water from pasta and pour meat, onions and mushrooms into pasta,
- 7add entire can of mushroom soup and sour cream to taste.
- 8Serve with a side salad and garlic bread.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Hamburger "helper"
Serving Size: 1 (283 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 790.6
- Calories from Fat 207
- Total Fat 23.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 82.2 mg
- Sodium 491.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 102.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 41.5 g