Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
My kids LOVE hamburger helpers, but being that they are often FULL of sodium etc. I went to work in the kitchen. This recipe is easily adapted by changing a few ingredients. Ground beef -chicken or turkey Cream of mushroom soup to cream of chicken or nacho cheese soup and different pasta change this dish into many alternatives. ex: I replace the ground beef, noodles and cream of mushroom for chicken breast cubed, nacho cheese soup and use cut up tortillas for a Mexican version.
- 1 medium onion
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom
- 1 (16 ounce) box pasta
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (8 ounce) container fat free sour cream
- Chop onions and mushrooms.
- Heat a large soup pot on medium heat.
- Add onions and mushrooms and cook with ground beef.
- Drain in a strainer, let sit in strainer while pasta cooks.
- add water to soup pot and cook pasta per box directions.
- Drain water from pasta and pour meat, onions and mushrooms into pasta,
- add entire can of mushroom soup and sour cream to taste.
- Serve with a side salad and garlic bread.