Recipe by chefjen
Easy and so much less expensive than purchasing granola. Plus, you know exactly what goes into it and can alter it to your own palate.
Top Review by scarychef
Delicious and super-easy. I just buy whatever dried fruits & nuts (unsalted) from the bulk food bins at the grocery strike my fancy and use them. You can use use the amounts here as a rough guide and customize!
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup flax seed
- 1⁄2 cup pumpkin seeds, unsalted
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg, fresh grated is best
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄3 cup dried cranberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Combine all ingredients except dried fruit in a large bowl and toss till well distributed and coated.
- Spread on baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Flip and toss granola and then bake 15 minutes more, tossing it once again in the middle of the 15 minutes.
- Cool completely on baking sheet, add the dried fruit and store. In an airtight container in a dark pantry, mine lasts at least 6 weeks.