Prep 25 mins
Cook 5 mins
I thought this would be a good recipe to try one day.
Make and share this Homemade Ginger Ale Recipe recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup peeled finely chopped fresh ginger
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- club soda
- lime juice
- lime wedge
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil in a saucepan.
- Add ginger.
- Reduce heat to medium low and let ginger sit in the simmering water for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let sit for 20 minutes.
- Strain liquid through a fine mesh strainer.
- Discard ginger pieces.
- In a separate saucepan, make the Simple Syrup by dissolving 1 cup granulated sugar into 1 cup of boiling water. Set aside.
- Make individual (tall) glasses of ginger ale by mixing 1/2 cup of ginger water with 1/3 cup of Simple Syrup and 1/2 cup of club soda.
- Add a few drops of fresh lime juice and a lime wedge to each glass.