Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
If you use egg substitutes on a regular basis, then here is a great alternative to the store-bought brands, this freezes well so make lots and freeze :)
Top Review by Kcps96
Great recipe! I have been looking for a good egg substitute. Instead of using the yellow food coloring in the recipe, I add two teaspoons of the yolk to give it a slightly yellow color and a little added protein.
- 6 egg whites
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6 drops yellow food coloring (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl; whisk until smooth.
- Store in a glass container or jar in the refrigerator for up to 1 week and also freezes well.
- To make scrambled eggs; fry slowly over low heat in a nonstick frypan.
- Note: one serving is 1/4 cup (1 egg equivalent).