Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Ina Garten prepared this on her Thanksgiving special. The reviews on the food network website were outstanding, so I tried it and wholeheartedly agree! Preparation time includes chilling; prep and cook time is under 30 minutes.
- 1 (12 ounce) bag fresh cranberries
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 granny smith apple, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 orange, juice and zest of, grated
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of, grated
- 3⁄4 cup raisins
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts or 3⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- Cook the cranberries, sugar and 1 cup of water in a saucepan over low heat for about 5 minutes, or until the skins pop open.
- Add the apple, zests and juices and let cook for 15 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the raisins and nuts.
- Let cool, and serve chilled.
Delicious with lemon and orange zest, bits of apple, raisins and walnuts. And so pretty, too.
Hi Kim in Walnut Creek! Today I made 4 pint jars I doubled the recipe using 24 ounces of cranberry's. I reduced it too much and it was a little thick otherwise the taste was excellent but the raisins were a little too overpowering for our taste no worries, next week I will make it again instead of raisins I will use currants and add more lemon juice & zest. I finished this Cranberry sauce off with 2 ounces of Grand Marnier next time I will add 4 ounces as my DH said, it needed more of a kick! Thanks for posting a Ina Garten recipe. I love her show and her books the Barefoot Contessa's recipes are a no fail every time! Update: Well we tried this cranberry sauce the other night on chicken and to our surprise the raisins and cranberries had married beautifully!
My husband loved this recipe...we will be making it again for Christmas!