Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is an excellent recipe. So simple to make and the raves are overwhelming
- 2 (12 ounce) packages cranberries
- 1 orange, zest of
- 2 cups orange juice
- 2 cups packed brown sugar (or more)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- In a small saucepan combine cranberries, orange juice and zest, sugar and cinnamon.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to simmering and cook until cranberries are tender, stirring occasionally.
- In a small cup make a slurry with cornstarch and 1 tablespoon water.
- Whisk cornstarch mixture into cranberry sauce and cook, whisking, until sauce thickens.
- Taste and add more sugar, if necessary.
I accidentally made a cranberry sauce very similar to yours, only the base recipe I had (and changed) used pineapple juice. I think mine didn't have enough sugar either. Anyways, I'm going to save this for the future.
Very nice and easy to make. Liked the addition of cinnamon. It smells so good while cooking. Made half the recipe but used the full teaspoon cinnamon. Thanks for posting