Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This delicious truffles are great & comforting but specially very easy to make. My grandmother thought me how to prepare them when I was still a girl and began to be interested in cooking, so she showed me some simple but great recipes, this is one of them. There can be added some extra ingredients to make them more suitable to your taste :)..I hope you like them.
- 30 vanilla wafer cookies (a tube of)
- 1 (397 ml) can condensed milk
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 2 -3 drops almond extract
- 2 -3 drops vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon rum or 1 teaspoon Amaretto (optional) or 1 teaspoon vanilla liqueur (optional)
- almonds (optional) or peanuts (optional) or any kind nuts (optional)
- chopped nuts (optional) or chocolate, snow to cover them (optional)
- Pulverize the cookies completely.
- Put the cookie powder in a bowl and add the rest of the ingredients, except the ingredients to cover them.
- Mix well, until it becomes a chocolate mixture.
- Refrigerate, covered for a few hours at least or like I do, make them on the evening and let them in the fridge overnight. This hardens the mixture and makes it easy to handle.
- When ready to make, wet your hands just enough to work with the paste and make small balls until finished.
- If you like you can put an almond or a nut inside each truffle.
- Now you can cover them with nuts, or chocolate, or colorful thingies :), or just leave them like that.
- You can keep them in the fridge in a covered container for several days, but they also hold well unfridge if eaten within 1 or 2 days :).
I had my DD make these, since she is the baker and the chocaholic, but really, this is so simple I could have managed it myself!! We stuck to the basic truffle, and dusted them with icing powder, and the family declared the Dee-licious!!!! We'll try these out again and experiment, perfect little gift or treat.
What a great simple recipe Ollin! I made 50/50 with hazelnuts and almonds inside and sprinkled with the 'colorful thingies' as suggested. I took them with me on mother's day and it made a great after-lunch treat.