Recipe by NRG Tribe
Based on traditional food preparation techniques. From Eat Fat, Lose Fat by Mary Enig and Sally Fallon
- 6 cups whole-wheat flour or 6 cups spelt flour, freshly ground
- 3 cups whole milk, preferably raw
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup homemade whey
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup coconut oil or 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pure maple flavoring
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, mix flour with milk, water, and whey.
- cover and leave at room temperature overnight.
- In the morning, preheat the oven to 350 degrees and add remaining ingredients and more water if needed to make pourable batter.
- Prepare two 9-by-13-inch baking pans with coconut oil and pour half the batter into each.
- bake for 30-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and lower temp to 200 degrees.
- Allow cereal to cool and crumble onto baking sheets.
- Bake until completely dry and hard, about 1 hour.
- To get a uniform size, process briefly in batches in food processor.
- Store in air tight containers at room temperature.
- Serve with raw half and half or cream diluted with some water.
- Allow cereal to soften slightly before eating.