Recipe by Donut Chef
I had a large batch of homemade applesauce and couldn't find a recipe that sounded just right. I found this one on allrecipes and made a few alterations for health and ingredients. The cake turned out moist and delicious, and I added a cinnamon glaze from a cake I tried a number of years ago.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 3⁄4 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 1⁄2 cups applesauce
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup pecan meal (optional)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a bundt pan or grease and dust with pecan meal, if desired.
- Stir together the dry ingredients.
- Combine the eggs, oil, and applesauce and mix well.
- Mix dry and wet ingredients and pour in the prepared pan.
- Bake for 45 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick stuck in the middle of the cake comes out clean. Let cool for awhile (10-45 minutes) and then turn onto a decorative plate. After cooling, you can wrap the cake well and freeze.
- Mix together glaze ingredients and then drizzle over the top of the cake.