Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
In the summertime with lots of people at camp and a lot of cooking going on, burner space is at a minimum. This recipe starts on the stovetop and finishes in the oven.
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Melt margarine/butter over medium heat in a large heavy bottomed fry pan which has a heat resistant handle(I use cast iron)
- When butter starts to sizzle add potatoes and let fry for 2 minutes.
- Turn with a spatula and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Continue until all sides of potato cubes are browned.
- Place in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes until potatoes are tender.*.
- (Cooking time will depend on the type of potato used. Yukon Gold/Katahdins/Red Norlands take less time to cook than Shepradies/Russett/BellRus. Use your own judgement.).