In the summertime with lots of people at camp and a lot of cooking going on, burner space is at a minimum. This recipe starts on the stovetop and finishes in the oven.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 F.
- 2Melt margarine/butter over medium heat in a large heavy bottomed fry pan which has a heat resistant handle(I use cast iron)
- 3When butter starts to sizzle add potatoes and let fry for 2 minutes.
- 4Turn with a spatula and cook for another 2 minutes.
- 5Continue until all sides of potato cubes are browned.
- 6Place in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes until potatoes are tender.*.
- 7(Cooking time will depend on the type of potato used. Yukon Gold/Katahdins/Red Norlands take less time to cook than Shepradies/Russett/BellRus. Use your own judgement.).
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Home Fries in the Oven
Serving Size: 1 (377 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 335.1
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 379.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.1 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 7.5 g