Recipe by Northern Cook
This is a very easy, no-bake Christmas cookie recipe. It makes a festive addition to a Christmas cookie assortment. This recipe was originally my Grandmother's and I hope you enjoy. These cookies always bring back fond memories for me of spending Christmas at Grandma's.
Top Review by Fran Q.
I found this recipe when my daughter was young and it was one of our Christmas traditions to make these each year. Last year, I taught my granddaughter to make them for our family Christmas celebration. Very good and a nice switch from Rice Krispies Treats.
- 6 tablespoons margarine
- 32 regular sized marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon green food coloring
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups corn flakes
- 90 red cinnamon candies (I use Brachs Cinnamon Imperials)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt margarine and the 32 marshmallows together in a pan over low heat. Stir as needed.
- Once the marshmallows have all melted, remove pot from heat and stir in the green food coloring and the vanilla. Stir until the marshmallow mixture is a uniform green color (no streaks).
- Fold the cornflakes into the marshmallow mixture and stir until all are coated.
- Drop by teaspoon full onto aluminum foil or parchment paper and place 3 red cinnamon candies in the center of each cookie. Let dry.