Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
A yummy rum cake from a cake mix. Simple but looks and tastes llike a million!
Make and share this Holiday Rum Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 cup light coconut rum
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) packagejello instant vanilla pudding
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup light coconut rum
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 325°F
- Prepare a 12-cup Bundt® pan with flour and oil spray.
- Using an electric mixer beat all ingredients in a large bowl for 2 minutes.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan.
- Bake 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 20 minutes.
- Invert cake onto platter and carefully remove from pan.
- Allow cake to cool completely.
- Rum Glaze:
- Stir sugar and water in a heavy medium saucepan over medium high heat until sugar dissolves.
- Add butter. Simmer until mixture thickens and is syrupy, stirring every 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and whisk in rum.
- Cool glaze completely.
- Drizzle glaze evenly over cooled cake and serve.