Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a delicious potato dish that is easy to make, but takes 2 days. Nice part is that when dinner time rolls around, all you need to do is pop the casserole in the oven for an hour.
- 12 -14 medium red potatoes
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄2 pints whipping cream (3 cups)
- Parboil potatoes for 20 minutes,then chill. Do this one day ahead.
- In the morning, peel* and grate** potatoes into buttered casserole.
- Salt and pepper to taste, pour cream over potatoes and chill 6 hours.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- NOTES: *I like to leave the skins on the red potatoes instead of peeling them.
- **Do not use a food processor when grating. Need to do it the old-fashioned way on a grater.