Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This makes a wonderful side dish to a holiday dinner, also great anytime of the year!
- 1 (8 ounce) package wide egg noodles
- 6 large eggs, room temperature
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar (can use more)
- 2 (8 ounce) cans crushed pineapple (drain only 1 can)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons sugar, mixed with
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 (8 ounce) cansweetened pineapple rings, drained
- maraschino cherry
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees (second-lowest rack).
- Butter a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Boil the noodles in boiling salted water until just softened (do not overcook the noodles).
- In a large bowl beat eggs with melted butter and cinnamon until blended.
- Add in sugar and vanilla and beat until well blended.
- Stir in the crushed pineapple from the two cans (with juice from only one can) and cooked noodles; toss to combine.
- Pour the mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle with sugar/cinnamon mixture.
- Place the pineapple rings over the top in a nice pattern.
- Add in the cherries into the holes or openings (use as many cherries as desired).
- Cover with foil and bake 45 minutes, uncover and continue baking for another 15 minutes.