Holiday Peanut Butter Fudge
- Line a 9"x9" baking pan with aluminum foil; butter lightly and set aside.
- Combine sugar, butter, evaporated milk and salt in a large heavy saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat until sugar dissolves, stirring occasionally; bring to a full rolling boil.
- Reduce heat slightly. Boil, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add peanut butter, marshmallow creme, peanut butter chips and vanilla; beat until well mixed. Stir in nuts, if using.
- Spread in prepared pan; chill for 2 to 3 hours, until firm.
- Lift fudge from pan; peel off foil and cut into squares.
- Chocolate Variation -- To make a chocolate fudge, use 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips instead of the peanut butter chips and the peanut butter.