Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This can be used to garnish holiday turkey, pork chops, or any other meat that would benefit from a colorful, tasty sauce. The sauce is intended to make plain-looking food more elegant and to boost the flavor to make the dish a special one. As you can see, it's simple and fast.
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a saucepan, bring the water and bouillon to a boil over high heat and dissolve all the granules, stirring, (NOTE: you can use 1 bouillon cube if you don't have the bouillon granules/powder).
- Once the bouillon is dissolved and the water is boiling, stir in the chopped apricots, the raisins and the cranberries. Reduce the water by about half through the boiling process and then lower the heat down to the low setting.
- Add the maple syrup and the vinegar, stirring.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the butter until it melts.
- Serve hot, over the cooked meat of your choice.