Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is from American Profile submitted by Mary Helen Jeffrey
Make and share this Holiday Cranberry-Raisin Spice Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup canned cranberry sauce
- 3⁄4 cup sour milk
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped pecans or 1 cup walnuts
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- maraschino cherry (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease a 10-inch tube pan.
- To prepare cake, sift together flour, baking soda, spices and salt. Combine shortening and brown sugar in a large bowl. Beat with a mixer at high speed until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time. Blend in cranberry sauce. Add flour mixture alternately with sour milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Stir in raisins and nuts.
- Pour batter into pan. Bake 55 to 60 minutes, until a wooden toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Invert onto a serving plate.
- To prepare icing, combine cream cheese and vanilla in a bowl; mix well. Add powdered sugar and milk, stirring until smooth. Spread over top and sides of cake. Decorate with cherries, if desired. Store cake in the refrigerator.