1/1 Photo of Holiday Cranberry Fruit Salad
We enjoy this during Thanksgiving and Christmas. Traditionally this is made with cherry Jell-O, however, to be a bit healthier I now make it with "no sugar added" fruit juice. Feel free to substitute cherry gelatin and water (made to package directions) in place of the unflavored gelatin and fruit juice. While many enjoy the addition of pecans, I omit due to personal preference. If you have young children, I recommend peeling the apple. If using an unpeeled apple, use a red apple for the best color.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package unflavored gelatin (Knox brand)
- 1 cup cranberry-grape juice or 1 cup cranberry-raspberry juice or 1 cup other red juice, chilled
- 1 cup cranberry-grape juice or 1 cup cranberry-raspberry juice or 1 cup other red juice, boiling
- 2 cups fresh cranberries, chopped in a food processor
- 1 (15 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained (if the tidbits are large you may want to cut in half)
- 1 cup red seedless grapes, halved
- 1 apple, cored and chopped (peeled or unpeeled)
- 3/4 cup mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans, chopped
- 1In a medium bowl, sprinkle unflavored gelatin over the 1 cup chilled juice. Let stand for 1 minute.
- 2Meanwhile, heat remaining 1 cup juice to boiling. (I heat the juice in a glass measuring cup in the microwave for 2 minutes.).
- 3Stir the boiling juice into the gelatin mixture. Stir until the gelatin is completely dissolved.
- 4Refrigerate until chilled but not set.
- 5Remove from the refrigerator. Stir in the chopped cranberries, pineapple tidbits, grapes, chopped apple, marshmallows, and chopped pecans (optional).
- 6Chill until set, about 3 hours.
Browse Our Top Christmas Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Christmas Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Holiday Cranberry Fruit Salad
Serving Size: 1 (88 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 82.8
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 1.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: