Recipe by Jazmina
Hmmm cranberry chutney. I love cranberries what else is there to say.
Top Review by Denise in da Kitchen
This is the first year I have made a chutney for Thanksgiving and it was a huge success! I did add 1/2 cup chopped celery and 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, and used 1/2 cup brown sugar with 1/4 cup white sugrar. This was the perfect accompiment to both the turkey and the stuffing. Everyone loved this! Thanks Jazmina, we'll never be satisfied with plain old cranberry sauce again.
holiday cranberry chutney
- 1 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar or 3⁄4 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 (12 ounce) package fresh cranberries
- 1 cup apple (peeled, cored, and diced)
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, combine the water and sugar.
- Bring mixture to a boil over medium heat.
- Add the apples, cranberries, cider vinegar, raisins, and spices.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer gently for 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Pour mixture into a mixing bowl.
- Place plastic wrap directly on the surface of the sauce.
- Cool to room temperature and serve or cover and refrigerate.
- Bring chutney to room temperature before serving.