Recipe by Jane from Ohio
I found this on the somewhere on the internet and it is so yummy. This is a great recipe when you are having guests. It's also delicious re-heated. Time includes 8 hrs chill time.
Top Review by Bryer Keane
I made a few changes to this: Hot Italian Sausage instead of Jimmy Dean; french bread rather then regular; and instead of chedder I used Romano. Otherwise I did everything else the same. My Christmas morning crowd loved it.
- 2 lbs Jimmy Dean sausage
- 8 slices bread, remove crust and let bread dry
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded (I used sharp)
- 8 -10 extra large eggs
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1⁄2 large green pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 large red pepper, diced
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook sausage until done.
- Put bread in cubes on bottom of 13x9 inch pan.
- Layer sausage and cheese on top of bread.
- Combine eggs, half and half, dry mustard, salt, scallions, green pepper, red pepper and mushrooms and pour on top of sausage and cheese.
- Chill 8 hours or overnight.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 55 minutes.