Recipe by The Flying Chef
This is a recipe I came up with the other night as I had a pork loin to use up. I didn’t know what I wanted to do with it so I just used a bunch of stuff I already had in my fridge and cupboard and it turned out really well. I served ours over egg and vegetable fried rice but it would be just as nice served over steamed rice as well. Prep time does not include marinating time.
Top Review by kimtabi
I did a 2 lb pork tenderloin, doubled the sauce recipe (substituting rice wine for bourbon and honey for maple syrup because thats what I had on hand) and cooked this in the crockpot on high for 4 hours. Meat was flavorful and super tender over fried rice.
- 500 g pork fillets (Tenderloin)
- 1⁄2 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Bourbon
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, add pork fillet and marinade several hours or over night in the fridge.
- Pre-Heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius, remove pork from marinade, reserving marinade, place pork in an oven proof dish, roast for 35-40 Min’s or until cooked as desired, basting occasionally with marinade whilst cooking.
- Remove pork and cover to keep warm.
- In a sauce pan pour remaining marinade along with pork juices and bring to the boil, Simmer a few minutes.
- Serve pork sliced over rice with sauce.