Recipe by Wildflour
I LOVE these in the summer for lunch or a light supper!
Top Review by goobergrl6
It was ok. I thought it was REALLY missing something. DH simply said "it filled the hole". Even my middle son who eats EVERYTHING would not eat it. I was really hoping we would like this but I guess it is a no go.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, 2-3
- 2 cups shredded coleslaw mix, with carrots
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely chopped dry roasted peanuts
- 1⁄4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 dash hot sauce (to taste)
- 8 large lettuce leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken in single layer in large saucepan and add enough water to cover by 1/2-inch. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to simmer, cover, and poach 12 to 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink inside. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Place slaw mix in large bowl.
- Add bean sprouts, scallion, peanuts, hoisin sauce, ginger and hot sauce.
- Chop cooled chicken or shred to make about 2 cups and add to slaw mixture. Toss to combine well.
- To serve, place lettuce leaves on platter or individual dishes and divide chicken mixture evenly among lettuce leaves, about 1/3 cup per leaf.
- Or, allow guests to make their own lettuce wraps!
- Fold sides over and roll up from stem end.
- 4 servings.