Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I LOVE these in the summer for lunch or a light supper!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, 2-3
- 2 cups shredded coleslaw mix, with carrots
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely chopped dry roasted peanuts
- 1⁄4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 dash hot sauce (to taste)
- 8 large lettuce leaves
- Place chicken in single layer in large saucepan and add enough water to cover by 1/2-inch. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to simmer, cover, and poach 12 to 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink inside. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Place slaw mix in large bowl.
- Add bean sprouts, scallion, peanuts, hoisin sauce, ginger and hot sauce.
- Chop cooled chicken or shred to make about 2 cups and add to slaw mixture. Toss to combine well.
- To serve, place lettuce leaves on platter or individual dishes and divide chicken mixture evenly among lettuce leaves, about 1/3 cup per leaf.
- Or, allow guests to make their own lettuce wraps!
- Fold sides over and roll up from stem end.
- 4 servings.
It was ok. I thought it was REALLY missing something. DH simply said "it filled the hole". Even my middle son who eats EVERYTHING would not eat it. I was really hoping we would like this but I guess it is a no go.
We really enjoyed these. Hubby wasn't to sure when I told him what we were having , but he loved it. We both loved feeling like we were eating alot for so little calories. We put the filling in tortillas for the kids with melted cheese ...kinda like a quesadilla and they liked that alot. A yummy, filling, and healthy meal. Thanks Wildflour. Made for bevy tag 2009.