Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
These were a regular in our rotation when I was growing up. The first time we made these, my grandpa commented that he didn't know of any hobo that would eat so well.
- 907.18 g ground chuck
- 2 potatoes, sliced
- 4 slice onions
- 425.24 g can carrots, drained
- 425.24 g can green beans, drained
- 236.59 ml shredded cheese, any type of your choice
- garlic salt or garlic powder, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Make 4 patties out of ground chuck.
- Place patty in the middle of a piece of aluminum foil. (make foil big enough to come back up to the middle of the patty and to go around the veggies).
- Sprinkle with garlic salt or garlic powder and pepper.
- Stack veggies on top of burger patty, starting with potatoes.
- Follow by onion slices.
- Follow with carrots and green beans.
- Pull foil up to middle and gather at the top and twist closed. (try to make sure no areas are open on the side for easier clean-up).
- Place in 375°F oven on cookie sheet or directly on oven racks if you are certain, all areas are closed up for 1 hour or until patties are cooked through.
- Once cooked, open foil packet and sprinkle cheese on top.
- Leaving foil packet open, place back in oven long enough to just melt the cheese.
- No need for sides, the whole meal is in the packet!
- Can be cooked on the BBQ grill or campfire also.
I used frozen shredded hash brown style potatoes as I was out of fresh. My husband and teenage son loved it.
This is a really good weeknight meal when you don't know what you're going to make and it's almost dinner time! My family really enjoyed this and I enjoyed making it. It's very simple and very tasty!
This is a recipe that I have prepared many times over an open fire or even in the aftermath of a hurricane in a metal garbage can lid. On the grill or in the oven it makes for a quick meal with easy clean-up. I did use fresh vegetables and reduced the recipe to 2 servings. Made for *Photo Tag*