1/1 Photo of Hobo's
1 hr 10 mins
These were a regular in our rotation when I was growing up. The first time we made these, my grandpa commented that he didn't know of any hobo that would eat so well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Make 4 patties out of ground chuck.
- 2Place patty in the middle of a piece of aluminum foil. (make foil big enough to come back up to the middle of the patty and to go around the veggies).
- 3Sprinkle with garlic salt or garlic powder and pepper.
- 4Stack veggies on top of burger patty, starting with potatoes.
- 5Follow by onion slices.
- 6Follow with carrots and green beans.
- 7Pull foil up to middle and gather at the top and twist closed. (try to make sure no areas are open on the side for easier clean-up).
- 8Place in 375°F oven on cookie sheet or directly on oven racks if you are certain, all areas are closed up for 1 hour or until patties are cooked through.
- 9Once cooked, open foil packet and sprinkle cheese on top.
- 10Leaving foil packet open, place back in oven long enough to just melt the cheese.
- 11No need for sides, the whole meal is in the packet!
- 12Can be cooked on the BBQ grill or campfire also.
Nutritional Facts for Hobo's
Serving Size: 1 (588 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 620.2
- Calories from Fat 240
- Total Fat 26.6 g
- Saturated Fat 11.6 g
- Cholesterol 165.5 mg
- Sodium 536.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.2 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 54.4 g