Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got this recipe from my mother-in-law. This has a bit of a potato au gratin texture, but without the cheese. The edges are a little chewy. I love how easy this is to make and how filling it comes out. It is very good comfort food. The measurements are rough as I eyeball it. Adjust to your preference.
- 6 potatoes, medium, peeled and sliced au gratin style
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup onion flakes
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- Peel and slice the potatoes. I use my box cheese grater with the slicing slot for this, but a food processor would probably work.
- In a glass baking dish with a lid ( I use a round pyrex baking dish with a glass lid) Layer potatoes till the bottom is covered and then sprinkle with onion flakes and some garlic salt. Slice some butter off the stick on the layer, just a couple of peices.
- Continue to layer this dish until you are out of potatoes.
- Cover with lid and place in the microwave for 20 minutes.
- Use caution when taking this out of the microwave as it will be hot and taking the lid off might cause a release of hot steam. Serve.