Recipe by HokiesMom
A great grill recipe that combines summer sausage, veggies and chicken into a foil packet cooked over the grill. Another find in the Simple and Delicious magazine submitted by T. Carrier
- 1 lb summer sausage, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled & cubed 1/2-inch
- 3 cups cabbage, shredded
- 1 large sweet onion, halved and sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 medium yellow squash, sliced
- 1 lb chicken tenderloins, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1⁄2 cup butter, cut into eight cubes
- 1⁄4 cup Italian salad dressing
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine the sausage, potatoes, cabbage, onion, green and red peppers, zucchini and yellow squash.
- Gently stir in the chicken and tomatoes (do not add the butter or dressing).
- Divide the mixture into eight double thicknesses of heavy-duty foil (about 12 inches square). Top each pack with a butter cube.
- Fold foil around mixture and seal tightly.
- Grill covered over medium heat for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is done and veggies are tender.
- Be careful opening the packets as steam will escape first. After opening drizzle each serving with Italian dressing.