Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is the tuna salad to try for people who say they HATE fish. This is great on a sandwich or salad with crisp lettuce, fresh cucumbers, fresh tomatoes, whatever veggies strike your fancy. I have played with the basics to come up with something I like, things not included like raw onions and celery can be added. Eggs may be omitted. The technique of the tuna is the key. I have also made this with fresh grilled tuna.
- 1 (66 ounce) can chunk light tuna, this is an institution size can, Institution size cans are available at places like Costco and Sams
- 1 (16 ounce) jarchopped sweet pickles, drained of liquid, I use Mt. Olive Sweet Pickle Cubes, I personally do not like to substitute Relish
- 18 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 2 -4 cups mayonnaise, adjust to your taste, I prefer Duke's
- onion powder, to taste, 1 tablespoon
- dill weed, to taste, 2 tablespoons
- celery seed, to taste (optional)
- Boil eggs, crack, peel and chop in large mixing bowl.
- Drain tuna in colander, rinse with warm water, squeeze as much moisture out as possible.
- Add tuna, mayo, salad cubes and spices.
- Mix well.
Yummy, DD and I was wanting a quick lunch and this fit the bill. Made for Fall PAC 2007 Cut the recipe to size for us 2 we will be making these for a family reunion this sunday. Tina