Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A method of mass producing meatballs for a wedding reception or any large meal. These may be cooked and frozen ahead for up to a month.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup breadcrumbs or 1 cup cracker crumb
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Using your favorite recipe for meatballs.
- Decide on what size your meatballs will be.
- Figure out how many meatballs per pound.
- Make meatball mixture in 5 lbs batches.
- Chill well.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out 5 lbs of chilled meatball mixture into a large rectangle.
- Use a pizza cutter to cut.
- Example: Small meatballs= 20 per pound; 5 X 20= 100; Halve the mixture 2 x 50; 10 x 5 and so forth.
- Form balls out of the square pieces of meat mixture.
- Place on greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 F until done.
- These should be turned once during cooking.
- Drain, cool and place in gallon ziplock bags until ready to heat.
i like using an icecream or a cookie scoop to make meatballs, way easier but gives your thumb a workout. but this was my method of choice before discovering the cookie/icecream scoops.