Recipe by Tulip-Fairy
A lovely shortbread recipe, simple to make and the sugar coating makes these extra special.
Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
A great shortbread recipe, quickly put together and the taste was great. I did battle to form a firm sausage shape, so in the end patted it into the more traditional shortbread round, and baked it like that, and cut it into triangle shapes. I'll be trying it again! Made for PAC Fall 2007, thank you Tulip-Fairy!
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream the caster sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- Ad the flour and ground rice and mix well, finally using the hands to bind he mixture.
- Roll into a thick sausage.
- Brush with milk and roll in demerara sugar.
- Cut into slices.
- Bake at 190°C 375°F Gas mark 5 for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.