Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I got this recipe from Fiber One's web site. Yum! Healthy and Good. Occasionally, I have trouble finding sesame sticks around here and will substitute a cup of Fiber One Original for an even higher fiber, lower calorie treat. Works well either way. 1 serving = 1/2 cup. Cooling time included in cooking time.
- 6 cups Fiber One Honey Clusters cereal
- 1 cup cashew halves
- 1 cup sesame sticks
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup strong brewed green tea (2 bags per 1/2 cup hot water)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped dried mango
- 1⁄2 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- Heat oven to 250°F Spray 15x10x1-inch pan with cooking spray. In large bowl, mix cereal, cashews and sesame sticks.
- In 1-quart saucepan, mix brown sugar, tea, honey and oil. Cook over medium heat 3 to 4 minutes, stirring constantly, until brown sugar is melted. Pour mixture over cereal; toss to coat well. Spread mixture in pan.
- Bake 30 minutes. Stir well. Bake 10 minutes longer. Stir in mangoes and cranberries. Cool completely in pan, about 1 hour. Store in tightly covered container.
We loved this! We took it on a camping trip and it was a great energy boost. It must have something magic in it b/c my BF proposed on that trip! Thanks for a great recipe!!