Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Another new Hungry Girl recipe! "You Big Softy... Giant, chewy, peanut butter oatmeal cookies straight from the HG HQ. WOOHOO!" Serving Size: 1 large cookie Calories: 140 Fat: 3.25 Sodium: 160mg Carbs: 23g Fiber: 2g Sugars: 7g Protein: 4g POINTS® value 3* HG Alternative! If you absolutely cannot get your hands on Better'n Peanut Butter, use regular reduced-fat peanut butter. Then each cookie will have 170 calories, 6.25g fat, and 2.5g fiber (POINTS® value 3*). That's still WAY better than the average PB cookie!
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar (not packed)
- 1⁄4 cup Better 'n Peanut Butter spread
- 2 tablespoons Splenda granular
- 2 tablespoons whipped butter (light or light buttery spread,like Brummel & Brown)
- 2 tablespoons no-sugar-added applesauce
- 2 tablespoons liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters Original)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 dash salt
- 3⁄4 cup oats (not instant)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine brown sugar, peanut butter, Splenda, butter, applesauce, egg substitute, and vanilla extract, and mix thoroughly with a wire whisk or fork.
- Add flour, baking powder, and salt, and stir until completely mixed and smooth.
- Add oats and mix until they are thoroughly coated with the batter.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Spoon batter onto the sheet in 6 evenly spaced mounds. Using the back of a spoon, spread and flatten batter into circles about 3 1/2 inches wide.
- Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cookie comes out clean.
- Remove baking sheet from the oven, and allow cookies to cool for 1 minute on the sheet. Then slide parchment paper onto a cool surface, and let cool COMPLETELY. (Really, they taste best once they've totally cooled.) Enjoy!