Another new Hungry Girl recipe! "You Big Softy... Giant, chewy, peanut butter oatmeal cookies straight from the HG HQ. WOOHOO!" Serving Size: 1 large cookie Calories: 140 Fat: 3.25 Sodium: 160mg Carbs: 23g Fiber: 2g Sugars: 7g Protein: 4g POINTS® value 3* HG Alternative! If you absolutely cannot get your hands on Better'n Peanut Butter, use regular reduced-fat peanut butter. Then each cookie will have 170 calories, 6.25g fat, and 2.5g fiber (POINTS® value 3*). That's still WAY better than the average PB cookie!
My Private Note
large c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (not packed)
- 1/4 cup Better 'n Peanut Butter spread
- 2 tablespoons Splenda granular
- 2 tablespoons whipped butter (light or light buttery spread,like Brummel & Brown)
- 2 tablespoons no-sugar-added applesauce
- 2 tablespoons liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters Original)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 dash salt
- 3/4 cup oats (not instant)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In a medium bowl, combine brown sugar, peanut butter, Splenda, butter, applesauce, egg substitute, and vanilla extract, and mix thoroughly with a wire whisk or fork.
- 3Add flour, baking powder, and salt, and stir until completely mixed and smooth.
- 4Add oats and mix until they are thoroughly coated with the batter.
- 5Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Spoon batter onto the sheet in 6 evenly spaced mounds. Using the back of a spoon, spread and flatten batter into circles about 3 1/2 inches wide.
- 6Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cookie comes out clean.
- 7Remove baking sheet from the oven, and allow cookies to cool for 1 minute on the sheet. Then slide parchment paper onto a cool surface, and let cool COMPLETELY. (Really, they taste best once they've totally cooled.) Enjoy!
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hg's Peanut Butter Oatmeal Softies - Ww Points = 3
Serving Size: 1 (49 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 164.1
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 6.8 mg
- Sodium 95.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 4.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Better 'n Peanut Butter spread