Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Hungry Girl's e-mail newsletter This recipe is only for two, so double if cooking for a family, Can be veganized with soy cheese
- 2 medium-large corn tortillas
- 3⁄4 cup vegetarian enchilada sauce, divided
- 2⁄3 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
- 1 slice fat-free cheddar cheese, halved
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons taco sauce
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning mix
- salt, black pepper, fat-free sour cream, chopped scallions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Bring a pan sprayed with nonstick spray to medium heat on the stove. Add onion and, stirring occasionally, cook until it begins to brown, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl.
- Add pumpkin, taco sauce, and taco seasoning to the bowl. Mix well. If you like, season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Spray a small baking dish with nonstick spray and set aside. Warm tortillas slightly in the microwave.
- Lay tortillas flat on a clean, dry surface. Spread 2 tablespoons enchilada sauce onto each one. Place a half-slice of cheese in the center of each tortilla. Evenly distribute the pumpkin mixture between the centers of the tortillas.
- Wrap tortillas up tightly and place them in the baking dish with the seam sides down. Cover with remaining 1/2 cup enchilada sauce.
- Bake in the oven for about 8 minutes, until enchiladas are hot. Carefully remove dish from the oven, and sprinkle enchiladas with shredded cheese.
- Return to the oven and bake for another 5 minutes, or until the cheese has melted. Plate those babies and, if you like, top with sour cream and/or scallions. Enjoy!
Really good! I added more garlic cause we really like garlic but surprised how good it came out! My husband ate it knowing it had pumpkin in it, whoda thunk!