Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup light cream
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 (8 ounce) milk chocolate candy bars, broken into pieces
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups light cream
- 1 cup heavy cream or 1 cup whipping cream
- Combine sugar, flour and salt in medium saucepan, add 1 cup light cream.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils, boil and stir 1 minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Temper eggs by gradually stirring a small amount of cooked mixture into eggs, blend well.
- Return egg mixture to cooked mixture in saucepan, stir until well blended.
- Add chocolate bar pieces, stir until melted.
- (If necessary, place over low heat until melted.).
- Pour into large mixing bowl.
- Add vanilla, 3 cups light cream and the heavy or whipping cream, blend well.
- Freeze in ice cream freezer according to manufacturer's directions.