Recipe by Berliner Goere
This is a great moist and versatile cake and a long German tradition that followed me throughout school and into adulthood. Somebody was always bringing Hermann along. This is how you give birth to Hermann. Check out part 2 HERMANN – The Feeding and Care for instructions on how to raise your Hermann baby. Oh, and don’t forget to check out his big brother Siegfried! He is in charge of the breads.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄8 ounce dry yeast (1/2 envelope)
- 1 cup water, room temperature
Directions See How It's Made
- Warning! Never use metal!
- Mix flour, sugar and dry yeast in a plastic or glass bowl with a wooden spoon. Stir in the water and keep stirring until the batter is smooth.
- Cover bowl tightly and let rest at room temperature for 2 days stirring once a day.
- Set into refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Remove from fridge and proceed as if Hermann was gifted to you.
- For further instructions see my HERMANN – The Feeding and Care 1. Day.