- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 lbs zucchini, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 3 medium)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon or 1 tablespoon dill or 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese (3 oz)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place broth, zucchini and tarragon (or dill) in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce to a simmer and cook, uncovered, until the zucchini is tender, 7-10 minutes.
- Puree in a blender, in batches if necessary, until smooth. Return the soup to the pan and heat over medium-high heat, slowly stirring in cheese until it is incorporated. Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper. Serve hot or chilled.