Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Based on a recipe from a McCormick Spices for Health pamphlet extoling the power of super spices as natural antioxidants.
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves, finely crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt, freshly ground
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Add beans to medium saucepan with water to cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low; simmer 4 to 6 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain. Return beans to pan.
- Add vinegar, oil, and spices to pan, tossing with beans.
- Cook and stir over medium heat 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through.
I loved the flavor, but than again one of my all time favorite herbs is thyme! Will be making this recipe often especially in the summer when my fresh green beans from my garden will be plentiful. Made for Veg 'N Swap tag 2-2012.
I love balsamic vinegar and knew this would be enjoyed. This is so quick to make and even allows for blanching the beans prior to the main meal and finishing them off just before serving. I can see me making this one again. Made for Zaar Starz.
Nice change from the normal way I prepare green beans. Next time I plan to omit the thyme, the flavor was very strong. My frozen green beans were bad so I used canned. DH only likes the can beans anyway so he really enjoyed them. Thanks for posting. :)