Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is a great spin on deviled eggs. I got the recipe from a Better Homes and Garden magazine. I doubled the recipe below.
- 4 hard-boiled eggs
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 slices sandwich bread, toasted
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill pickles
- In shallow dish combine chives and dill. Roll peeled eggs in herbs to coat. Remove eggs to cutting board and slice.
- Stir mayo, mustard, remaining herbs, chopped dill pickles, salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut toast diagonally in half and remove crust.
- Spoon the mayo mixture onto each toast triangle.
- Put two egg slices on each.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- I refrigerated them for about 1 hr before serving and the bread was not at all soggy.