Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Posting for safe keeping. Haven't tried yet. Got this from Mary at a party. She says she got it from Paula Deen. Cooking time includes chill time.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pine nuts
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- Shape cream cheese into a circle on the serving dish, make a well in the center; set aside.
- Mix parsley with the rest of the ingredients, mix well.
- Spoon mixture over the cream cheese; cover and chill at least 2 hours.
- Serve with crackers.
Made herbed cream cheese using this recipe as a base and it turned out very well. I didn't use the olive oil, butter or boiling water, but instead just blended the other ingredients with the cream cheese. Not sure what the extra fat/calories would have added to the flavor as it was great without them.