1/1 Photo of Herbed Chicken in Pastry
This was so good. This is pretty enough to serve for a special occasion, or just to treat your family. I am putting it here, not only to share, (I'm nice like that), but so I won't loose it. I tweaked a recipe that was included in the Puff Pastry box. It presents beautifully, and tastes better than it looks. On top of that, it's easy and easy to double or make for two... enjoy/ my notes are at the bottom the prep time does not include the thawing time for the pastry sheets, I let mine thaw while I was doing the slicing,pre-cooking chicken etc...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- 2melt butter in skillet.
- 3Add chicken and cook until browned.
- 4Remove chicken and let cool 10 minutes, then cover and chill for 15 minutes to over night.
- 5Thaw pastry sheet for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- 6Mix water and egg.
- 7Preheat oven to 400.
- 8Unfold pastry on lightly floured surface.
- 9Roll into a 14 inch square and cut into 4 (7") squares.
- 10Spread about 2 Tbs of the Cheese spread down the center of each square.
- 11Sprinkle with parsley. Top that with the slices from one mushroom, and the Real Bacon Bits.
- 12Top with cooled chicken.
- 13Brush edges with egg mixture.
- 14Fold each corner to center on top of the chicken and seal edges. Place seam side down on baking sheet. Brush lightly with egg mixture.
- 15Bake 25-30 minutes or util golden.
- 16I used the Alouette brand Spinach and Artichoke cheese spread, it originally called for Garlic & Herb but I couldn't find that. I also used my P.Chef baking sheet. This recipe lends itself to a lot of possibilities for tweaking, but try it as written the first time.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Herbed Chicken in Pastry
Serving Size: 1 (251 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 610.5
- Calories from Fat 323
- Total Fat 35.9 g
- Saturated Fat 12.8 g
- Cholesterol 147.0 mg
- Sodium 544.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 39.5 g