Recipe by Ocean~Ivy
Great recipe here! 8)
Top Review by vrvrvr
Oh, dear. These were a miss for us. There's too much flour, no chicken flavor or texture at all. I suspected that the batter was bland, so I added lemon zest, cayenne, seasoning salt and more parsley. The mixture was sludgy and heavy, though it fried up prettily enough. Dipping sauce was absolutely essential to make these dough balls more palatable (we served with ranch & bbq.) The chicken in these was utterly lost! I want my chicken back! Won't be making these again.
- 2 cups finely chopped cooked chicken
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- oil, for frying
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl,toss chopped chicken with salt,parsley,& lemon juice.
- Set aside for 15 minutes.
- In seperate,large bowl,combine flour,baking powder,egg& milk,stir to blend well.
- Add flour mixture to chicken,mix well.
- In a large frying pan,heat 1 inch of oil to 375 degrees F.
- Drop by TB into hot oil,frying in batches about 2 minutes,until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels,and serve with dipping sauce.