1/1 Photo of Herbal Vinegar With Lemon Verbena & Mint
- Carla -'s Note:
Herbal vinegars are easy to prepare, beautiful to look at and can be used in any recipe that calls for vinegar. Plus they make great gifts from your garden. The prodecure for making any herbal vinegar is the same, no matter what herb or combination of herbs you are using. All you need are some herbs, top quality vinegars, glass jars and a glass or stainless steel saucepan. For the best retention of flavors, store flavored vinegars in the refrigerator or a cool dark place. If properly prepared, flavored vinegars should retain good quality for two to three months in cool room storage and for six to eight months in refrigerated storage. -=Attention=- Should you decided to display pretty bottles of herb and fruit vinegars on a kitchen window sill. If left out for more than a few weeks, these bottles are then considered as decoration and not used in food preparation.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a glass or stainless steel sauce pan heat white wine vinegar on the stove to where it is warm, but not boiling.
- 2Bruise lemon verbena and mint and loosely fill clean glass jars.
- 3Pour the warmed vinegar to fill each glass jar and cap with an acid-proof lid. Store in a cool, dark place and shake daily for 2 weeks.
- 4After two weeks have passed test for flavor; if a stronger taste is desired, strain the vinegar and repeat using fresh herbs.
- 5Store as it is or strain through cheesecloth and rebottle.
- 6Add a few fresh sprigs of lemon verbena and mint to the bottle for identification purposes and visual appeal.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Herbal Vinegar With Lemon Verbena & Mint
Serving Size: 1 (51 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 8.9
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar
lemon verbena leaves