Prep 50 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this on the Martha Stewart website. As the website says, "Don't let an abundance of herbs go to waste. Pluck several types of sprigs -- we chose basil, mint, and thyme -- and use them to flavor a basic sugar syrup. Mix the concoction with ice and sparkling water, then garnish the drinks with additional sprigs. You can also freeze the infused syrup in ice cube trays and enjoy it for up to a month." I have not made the recipe yet, but look forward to doing so!
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 21.26 g fresh herb (such as basil, lemon verbena, mint, tarragon, or thyme)
- 4.92 ml fresh lemon juice
- ice, for serving
- sparkling water or club soda, for serving
- Put sugar and 1 cup water into a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to a simmer, stirring until the sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat; add herbs. Cover; let cool completely.
- Pour syrup through a fine sieve into a small bowl; discard herbs. Stir in lemon juice. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- Fill glasses with ice. Add 2 to 4 tablespoons syrup; top with sparkling water or club soda, and stir.