Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Another OAMC Dump recipe!
Make and share this Herb-Wine "dump" Chicken (Oamc) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup red wine
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1⁄2 lemon (sliced thinly)
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken pieces (breasts, thighs, or wings)
- For immediate cooking: Pre-heat oven to 350°F Place all ingredients into a large baking dish, turn chicken to coat. Bake until chicken juices run clear (45-60 minutes for chicken pieces, or 20-30 minutes for chicken breasts).
- For freezing: Place all ingredients into a 1 Gallon freezer bag. Lay flat in freezer.
- To thaw and cook: Take the bag out of the freezer the night before, make sure the bag is sealed completely.
- For the oven: Preheat the oven to 350°F Empty the contents of the bag into a large baking dish and bake until the juices run clear (45-60 minutes for chicken pieces, or 20-30 minutes for chicken breasts).
- For the crockpot: cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4-6 or until done.
- On the grill: cook over medium heat until juices run clear.
Yum, I used white wine 'cause that's what I had.
It was ok, but not great. Yes, I did end up with purple chicken, but the kids thought that was cool. It seemed to be missing... something, but I don't know what. My chicken did end up a little dry. I used boneless, skinless breasts. Maybe it works a little better with skin on chicken.
I made this a while ago and froze it. I thawed it out overnight and cooked it on low all day in my crockpot. I used red wine but my chicken wasn't purple after it cooked all day long. My husband threw in some carrots and a few whole mushrooms to the crock pot. The shrooms soaked up the flavor from the broth and was sooooo yummy. We served it over rice and there were no leftovers.