Prep 40 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is an expansion on a wonderful salad my best friend makes. Very tasty and easy to put together. You can also omit the chicken and serve this as a wonderful side salad. The dressing is simple and wonderful. Note: prep time incudes marinating the chicken.
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup garlic and herb marinade, use your favorite
- 6 cups salad greens, your choice
- 1 quart strawberry, hulled and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, sliced and seperated into rings
- 1 cup cucumber, slices
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, pieces
- 1⁄2 cup wonton wrapper, strips in produce section
- 1⁄2 cup light balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing
- Place chicken breasts in ziplock bag and pour marinade over. Let sit in fridge for 30 mins or longer. Heat grill to high. Cook chicken breast about 4 mins per side or till reads 150. Take off grill and place in foil and let sit 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place about 1/2 cup strawberries in blender and puree. Then pour in the dressing and blend well. Set aside.
- To serve: Divide lettuce, remaining strawberries, red onion, and cucumbers among 4 plates. Slice chicken in thin strips and divide among plates. Top with dressing, feta, walnuts and wonton strips. Enjoy.
I made this with my mom the night I got home from school after exam week, and it was delicious! Such a nice break from college food, and so many great flavors and textures. Can't wait to make this again.