Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Savory beef roast is seasoned with flavorful Italian parsley and freshly ground pepper. Fresh carrots and red potatoes complete the meal. Believe it or not this dinner is done in 20 mins!
- 1 (17 ounce) package refrigerated cooked beef roast with au jus sauce
- 1 lb small round red potatoes
- 3 medium carrots
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley (flat-leaf)
- 3 -6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded lemon peel
- In large skillet cook beef roast, covered, over medium heat for 10 minutes. Uncover and simmer for 5 minutes more, until juices are slightly reduced. Meanwhile, quarter potatoes.
- Peel and diagonally slice carrots in 3/4-inch pieces.
- Place vegetables in microwave-safe dish.
- Drizzle with cooking oil and sprinkle with pepper; toss to coat.
- Tightly cover with lid or plastic wrap.
- Microwave on high (100% power) for 10 minutes or until tender.
- For herb-garlic mixture, in a small bowl combine parsley, garlic, and lemon peel.
- To serve: stir vegetables into skillet with beef and juices.
- Divide among serving dishes.
- Sprinkle with herb-garlic mixture.
It's been a while since I did anything like a beef roast, & this dish is one of the quickest to prepare AND one of the most flavorful! I used the full compliment of garlic as well as a generous measure of the lemon zest ~ Outstanding! And, since there were just the two of us, it was served again as leftovers & was just as wonderful, then! Many thanks! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]