Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
An easy fish recipe. Ideal for a mid week supper.
- 800 g firm fresh fish fillets, skinned
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 50 ml dry white wine
- 2 lemons, juice
- soft butter
- 45 ml chopped fresh mixed herbs
- tartar sauce
- 200 ml mayonnaise
- 1 gherkin, finely chopped
- 30 ml capers
- 15 ml spring onions
- 5 ml lemon juice
- 5 ml Dijon mustard
- Mix all the ingredients for the tartar sauce and chill.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Grease a large sheet of aluminum foil with plenty of soft butter.
- Place the fish on top, dot with butter, season and sprinkle with wine and lemon juice on top.
- Scatter the herbs over and wrap the fish in the foil.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the fish can be easily flaked with a fork.
- Serve with the tartar sauce and chips, if desired.
I haven't tried the herb-baked fish part of this recipe but I made the tartare sauce and it was great! Very lovely flavour from the capers.