Prep 25 mins
Cook 12 mins
These are very easy to prepare and a great addition to any meal.
- 1 (17 1/4 ounce) packagefrozen puff pastry sheets, thawed according to package directions
- 3⁄4 cup cream cheese, softened
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or waxed paper.
- On a lightly floured surface, gently unfold the 2 puff pastry sheets. Using a lightly floured rolling pin, gently flatten sheets slightly, , making sure the fold creases are rolled flat.
- Using a sharp knife, cut each pastry sheet into 6 equal squares. Cut each square into 2 triangles.
- To prepare filling, in a small bowl, using a wooden spoon, mix together the cream cheese, garlic, parsley, chives, green onion, dill weed, and pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 425* F. Using a small metal spatula, spread filling evenly over each triangle to within 1/8 inch of the edge. Starting at side opposite of the point, roll up each triangle. Place, point side down, on the prepared baking sheet. Curve the ends to form a crescent.
- To prepare glaze, in a small bowl, mix together the egg and water. Brush the crescents with the glaze.
- Bake crescents until golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes. Transfer baking sheet to a wire rack to cool slightly. Serve warm.
Beautiful and yummy - my dill may have been old though as the other flavors overpowered it, or perhaps because they were fresh and the dill was dried? Next time I will use fresh dill or more dried.