Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is just a template, really--you can use any kind of bread/cheese/veggie combo that you like. I made this and it was delightful--the bottom of the bread was crusty and the part touching the vegetables was moist--YUM! Out-of-this world with a bowl of soup.
- 1 1⁄2 ounces approx. slice multi-grain bread
- 2 ounces mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup portabella mushroom, sliced
- 1 small fresh tomato, sliced
- 2 slices red onions
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Lay the piece of bread on a cookie sheet or other pan.
- Arrange vegetables in layers on the bread. Sprinkle with herbs and lay cheese on top.
- Place in oven and bake 12-15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Enjoy your hot sandwich.