Prep 25 mins
Cook 7 hrs
While traveling, I happened upon this cake, in two different publications. Selecting the finest of the two recipes and deleting the baking of the cake, were just two things I chose to help this fun cake be more fun! I can't see the value in baking a cake, only to tear it up. In my opinion, "no one does it better than Sara Lee," I like to use the large size cake; however, they are not always available. Two 10 oz. size work well, too. This is easy to make for taking to the office for a birthday celebration or to have when it is your turn to host the group at home. Travels well in a large acrylic shell-shaped bowl or a summer colorful punch bowl! Also, good made with peach pie filling! This one cannot be messed up! Many servings, but many are second servings!
- 2 (907.18 g) frozen pound cake (Sara Lee)
- 2 (51.02 g) box instant vanilla pudding
- 595.33 g can strawberry pie filling
- 311.84 g can mandarin orange sections, drained
- 432.33 g can crushed pineapple, drained
- 236.59 ml pecan pieces
- 453.59 g Cool Whip
- Fix pudding according to package directions.
- Cube cakes and put 1/2 of the cubes in the bottom of the punch bowl.
- Then layer 1/2 of the remaining ingredients.
- Then start over with the cubes and finish as first layer.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Serve in bowls.